Estimated reading time: 1 minutes
In today’s changing society, finding new ways to extend your reach and market your business can be a daunting task. The question of which activities are best to focus on and how best to allocate your marketing budget depends heavily on the types of contacts you wish to reach and how much capacity you have to devote to activities such as social marketing.
During VARTECH 2014, BlueStar hosted a Solutions Session focused on various ways to market your business. Here are 5 strategies discussed during the session to help you get started:
- Don’t be Afraid to get Social. Social media, while requiring consistent use and a bit of attention, is an easy and inexpensive way to market your business and to gain visibility to existing and potential customers. Most social media platforms- such as Twitter and Facebook – are free of charge and easy to use, making them a good place to start for smaller businesses.
- Pay Attention to Your Rankings on Google. Making sure that your business is on the first page of a search engine ensures that you will be the first place people go when looking for a particular product. This can be achieved through the use of keywords and key phrases, keeping content on your site fresh, not using generic page names, and by creating quality backlinks (other pages that link back to your site)
- Contribute to Industry News Sources. Ask to contribute short articles/editorials to industry media outlets that interface with the end-users. Most media outlets are looking for fresh perspectives from the expert- you.
- Create Original Content. Write blogs discussing new trends that you’re seeing. Make a quick “How-to” video about products you sell (i.e. “How to load paper in a Zebra ZT400 series printer”) and link it on your website. The more original content you create, the more visible you become to customers.
- Be Hands-on. Don’t wait until the last minute to call your customer to renew a service contract or check on a bid- using a CRM tool to schedule periodic contact will give you the edge by reducing the occurrence of lapse fees, costing them less time and money.
If you follow these 5 strategies, in time you will build branding and visibility to your customers, and see your business grow.